Do you need 10 reasons to get away? I’ve got some for you.
It seems like we all should plan yearly vacations to exotic places or just to the beach and yet many of us don’t. Some jobs allow you to take a vacation but it seems like you can never get away.
If you work for yourself leaving town means zero dollars are being added to your bank account. That’s our life but we decided to take a 36 hour break from our work and head to Michigan. Brr! Though it was cold and the winds were brisk at 40 miles per hour I came back relaxed, happy and ready to commit to writing a new book.
1. Leave behind a to-do list that will never be finished.
2. Bolster creativity with a new environment. This is the first time I saw Lake Michigan with ice. Impressive.
3. Reconnect with your spouse or family.
4. It’s a chance to break out of the ordinary, Meatloaf Monday, Taco Tuesday and Pizza Friday menu.
5. Working out in a new environment–hotels have great underused equipment.
6. There are no expectations of being on the job the moment you finish breakfast. As a freelancer, I’m at my desk as soon as my tea is made.
7. Long drives gives you a chance to talk with your spouse about dreams, the future or the reality of your lifestyle .
8. Someone else will take care of the pets. I love my cats but when I’m gone I don’t miss cleaning the litter box or opening the door 50 times a day.
9. Time to read without interruptions! (hint: grab one of the books I’ve written)
10. A chance to take amazing photos for your Project Life scrapbook.
Don’t wait to get away until you have a free week. Let these 10 Reasons to Get Away inspire you to take a short weekend trip.
And don’t forget to keep you memories to enjoy later in your Project Life scrapbooks!