Writing a book is a lot of fun for me and maybe for you too. But planning out how to write, market, keep track of finances and oh yes, just life has always been a huge problem for me.
For 2020 I’ve decided to change up how I do things. Instead of letting things happen to me I was going to show up prepared.
This planner may not be for you if you aren’t an author but you are alive so planning is still a good thing. 🙂
One of the features I love about this planner from Audrey Hughey is its size. The pages are big enough to write what I need to remember. If you are planning your year make sure the one you choose has writing space, not just pretty pictures.
I’ve tried bullet journals, calendars, online calenders–I do still put critical personal and business dates in my online calendar so I have it with me at all times.
This year I’m using The 2020 Author planner because there isn’t another one like it that has a place for everything I need to do in my business. It was put together by an author for an author.
Have you ever decided to make a social media calendar and then think I should do this every month but wait I have to recreate that table? No need with this planner there is one for every month.
Here are some of the features:
- Track daily and weekly word counts– yes, please
- Map out writing and publishing plans for an entire year–not as scary as it sounds
- Manage and track monthly expenses–you know you need to do it
- Develop an editing checklist –ugh did I use the word so that many times?
- Plan social media marketing, book promotions, and advertising–when was the last time I applied for BookBub? Posted a photo of one of my books?
- Sketch out ideas for author newsletter and track open and click-through rates– What should I write this month to my newsletter?
- Have space and flexibility to plan your days and weeks according to your own unique lifestyle and schedule.–Self-care? Yes, you need to schedule it or you won’t do it.
Where can you get one of these? Glad you asked because it means you’re one step closer toward an amazing year as an author.
LuLu (coil-bound) – pens and watch cover This one is my favorite!