A2Z: Snickerdoodle Muffins Gluten-Free!!!
I saw these snickerdoodle muffins on pinterest, but they weren’t gulten-free. I had to try to make them so I could eat them. When though? Time seemed to be filled every day.
Then the undesirable happened. My computer died. Well, that opened up a lot time. But we went to Michigan for a wedding. What is it about water lapping a sandy shore that instantly relaxes tension? I want to bottle that feeling so I can have some every day.
Hover Image to Pin!
Back to A2Z:M is for Muffins!
The original recipe appeared here on Eat Me I’m Delicious if you aren’t eating gluten-free head over there for the real recipe.
Here’s the gluten-free version:
Snickerdoodle Muffins Gluten-Free
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp. vanilla (I use Penzey’s Spices)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
3/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/4 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt mixed with 1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/4 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour ( I use Jules which has xantham in it, if you don’t have that you’ll need to add xanthm)
1/2 cup sugar and 1 TBSP cinnamon mixed together for rolling
1. Cream the butter and sugar until soft. Add in the vanilla. Next add in one egg, mix, now add the other egg and mix.
2. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and nutmeg.
3. Alternately add the flour mixture and yogurt mixture to the egg-butter mixture. Start with flour and end with the flour. Scrape the bowl so you get it all.
4. Scoop about 1/4-1/2 cup of muffin batter and drop it into the a shallow bowl with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the muffin until covered. Put into muffin tin. You should get about 12-14 muffins.
5. Bake about 20-22 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until pretty golden brown.
Hover Image to Pin!
These are so good even Mr. Quiet ate them.
Have you ever made snickerdoodle muffins? What’s your favorite muffin?
“Gluten-Free Snickerdoole Muffins? Yes, please!” CLICK TO TWEET
It’s a blog hop! Check out what these other authors did with there a2z “M” posts.