I came home from my last trip to Chicago with a print that I loved. It was a huge yellow flower. I didn’t realize it was printed on paper. By the time I got it home it had several holes poked in it. So now what? I tried to tape it and used a watercolor pen to make it look better. Didn’t work.
The print was stapled to a nice frame and I had an ‘aha moment.’
I ripped off the print.
And found this great base. But now what? I’m not an artist, that would be my son. He’s busy though and I knew he wouldn’t have time to paint me a nice flower, besides flowers aren’t really his thing, he likes to use mixed media.
I thought about using scrapbook paper but since this is going in my bathroom and I take super hot showers I had a feeling the steam would melt the paper.
I thought about spray painting it and just hanging it on the wall as is, and maybe sticking something else in the middle of the frame.
Then I remembered this floral fabric had bought from fabric.com! It’s a fun fabric and I thought I’d make a dress. Sometimes the fabric you see on the internet isn’t quite what you pictured when it arrives especially if you are math challenged. The dimensions of the print were given but I didn’t realize how big the flowers really were! The fabric has been sitting on my stash shelf for about a year.
I pulled it off the shelf and auditioned it around the frame. It looked good. So out came my staple gun–that took me awhile to find. I haven’t been in my creative room since November because I’ve been working only on my new book and nothing else.