S. M. Hutchins tagged me today. 🙂 My first smile of the day! Thank you!
Today is World Smile Day! Did you know there was such a thing? I didn’t until this morning, but here it is, World Smile Day 2012.
It started in 1999 as a day to spread smiles and kind acts to one another. Certainly every day is a good day to do that, but maybe today we can pay special attention to share kindness.
The basic idea is this:
On this day we call upon people around the globe to be thoughtful of others and use the power of smile and a kind act to make a small difference in the world in which we live.
That’s direct from worldsmileday.com.
Now these awards come with some rules.
- I am to publicly thank the people who gave them to me.
- I am to share some information about myself
- I am to nominate some of my favorite blogs
- I am to comment on their blogs to let them know I’ve awarded them.
The One Lovely Blog award asks me to share 7 facts about myself while the Sunshine Award has some specific questions for me to answer. The Sunshine Award questions will effectively cover the 7 facts about me.
- Favorite color: PINK!!!!! but sometimes BLUE
- Favorite animal: dog, but cats come in second. I have 2 cats, no dog–right now. We were talking pets right? If not GOATS!
- Favorite number: I don’t do favorite numbers–that’s like MATH!
- Favorite drink: Diet Dr Pepper– no there isn’t a period after the doctor…I may need to see a doctor about this addition
- Facebook or Twitter: I’m on both, but I’m more active on Facebook. I feel like it’s easier to follow conversations there. (Please take this opportunity to follow me if you haven’t already: facebook.com/dianalesirebrandmeyerauthor and twitter.com/dianabrandmeyer .
- Good book or good movie: Good book.
- Giving or getting gifts: I love giving the perfect gift. I love the shopping (hunting) for what will make someone smile.
- My passion: my family
- Favorite day: Sundays because I get to spend the day with my husband.
- Favorite flower: daisies
Now to spread some blog award love. I present each of the following bloggers with both the One Lovely Blog award and the Sunshine Award for inspiring me with wonderstruck moments. In no particular order…
Liz Tolsma Heart, Soul and a touch of Sass
Elaine Stock Everybody’s Story
Lillian’s Test Kitchen Making gluten free food for the first time on camera
Diane Jones Knitting Galore
Patty Wysong Patterings