What is Adrenal Fatigue?
After years of trying to figure out why I’m so tired I have hope.
Hypothyroidism makes you draggy and not interested in life. I do have that and have been treated, my blood levels are fine. The only answers I heard were you’re getting older, you’ll slow down. Not willing to accept that I worked out, took boot camp classes, Zumba and walked a million miles around the park. Nothing changed. Instead I gained more weight and became more fatigued than before.
I was at my chiropractor’s office when she suggested using a saliva test to test for adrenal fatigue. Despite having to spit in a small tube the test wasn’t difficult. I did miss that my boys weren’t around for that. I can only imagine the things they would have said along with the laughter.
It took a few weeks to get the results back and yes, I did have it. What a relief to find out there was something that could be done! I’m at week 3 taking supplements and have recently started an anti-inflammatory diet which helps with healing.
Signs of Adrenal Fatigue
These are some of the signs. If it sounds like you, find a doctor who will order the saliva test.
- Waking up is hard to do—really hard to do, it’s time to get up but you can’t because you’re so fatigued.
- You feel more awake after you eat a meal.
- There is not enough salt on anything you eat.
- You can’t handle stress anymore—I actually screamed (not loud) when a grocery store worker spoke to me from behind. I didn’t know he was there. Poor man. Scared him too!
- Fuzzy thoughts.
- Memory problems!
- And my favorite—you can’t seem to get anything done.
A book Recommendation
Adrenal Fatigue by James L. Wilson, ND., D.C., PH.D.
Meanwhile could you all keep me in your prayers as I work on The Honey Bride? It’s due in November and could use some more energy.
Where to find more Information
There is an online test you can take if you want to see if this might be a problem for you. You can do this at Take the Adrenal Fatigue Test
This is a blog hope see what’s up with the Letter “A”