10 Ways to Build Your Confidence
1. Spend time with God: “The Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.” Proverbs 3:26
2. Work out doing something you know you can be successful at: walk, bike or toss a ball to the dog
3. Try something new–think like a cat, they tend to jump at new opportunities and feel they’ve done the right thing.
4. Mentor someone who wants to do what you do–you’re a mom? Great there are lots of new moms you can help, find one at your church.
5. List your strengths–Yes you do have them. Think small to big: I make my bed everyday to I can fly a plane.
6. Set small achievable goals
8. Practice the skill that makes your confidence quiver–you don’t have to do this in front of people! Use your video on your phone.
9. Correct each negative ‘brain talk’ with two positives about yourself. Click to tweet.
10. If you can’t get out of the low confidence mode don’t fear seeking help from a professional
And my favorite: find that inner two-year old
2 Year-Old Ballerina Crashes Mommy s Audition… and Steals the Show! from kidsarecute on GodTube.
What shakes your confidence?
This is a blog hop!
25 thoughts on “Confidence: Do You Have It?”
(I’m not sure my comment posted, so here it comes again 🙂
Diane, your post today spoke to the center of my world today. I’ll be printing and applying these exercises. Thanks for the great writing and God Bless.
I had to chuckle at your lack of confidence that the comment didn’t post. 🙂
I’m so glad these were helpful to you. I’ve been re-reading them too.
Diana, your post spoke to the center of my world today. I’ll be printing, saving and applying these! Thanks so much and God Bless.
Diana, this is a GREAT list!! And that video clip? Awesome. I watched it three times. 🙂
Patty, I’ll admit to watching it several times too. I just want to have a fraction of her confidence. 🙂
Such a great post. I needed it! Thanks!
Glad it fit a need, Karla.
You wrote this piece for ME. You know that, right? 😉
Thanks, Diana! Good stuff.
Funny how it works that I wrote it for both of us. 🙂
Great reminders especially with conference coming up in a few weeks.
Wear it! Have fun at the conference.
GREAT points! Especially #9. I easily fall into that one!
We probably need to do more than two positives but that seems overwhelming.
Awesome tips, Diana. I especially need #9-> “Correct each negative ‘brain talk’ with two positives about yourself.” Thanks for sharing!
Hi Dora, #9 is a hard one for me too.
Great reminders and what a sweet video.
Yeah, it hurt me to write those. 🙂 Guess I needed reminding too.
Thanks for the reminders on how to shore up my confidence. It’s been a hard summer for me in that way and I need to get my focus off myself. 🙂
Ginger, I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a hard summer. 🙁
Great reminders and such a cute video! Shared it on my FB page. Thanks for posting!
Thank for sharing Tom.
Hey, how did you get those ‘tweet me’ things on your blog?
Oh that video was just too precious! That baby will go far in life! Good points to ponder.
Thanks for stopping by today.
With that kind of confidence I think she will go far too.
Taking that first leap of faith is the toughest part, but once you’re out there and see that you can do it it’s such an amazing feeling!
Love your name! Yes, that first leap…can be paralyzing!