Confession: Blogging takes a lot of brain power and I don’t have a lot in reserve.
That’s why I band together with other bloggers and do memes. We help each other and have fun along the way. =)
The A to Z meme is coming to an end this week. *pout* (Yikes! I need to do a “Z” post!) To keep the momentum going, my friend Patty Wysong and I have been brainstorming and have a short, fun meme idea…
Rather than using the alphabet as prompts, Patty and I have put together a list of ten words to use in your post. Use them however you’d like. There are no rules. You don’t even have to use the actual word in your post–just get it… the concept, the idea, the meaning… in the post. However you want.
*you don’t even have to be a writer! Just someone who blogs. J
The ten words and their posting/linky dates:
- Fishing – Jan. 23
- Giant – Jan. 30
- Construction – Feb. 6
- Glass – Feb. 13
- Exotic – Feb. 20
- Tool – Feb. 27
- Sign – March 6
- Frame – March 13
- Plant – March 20
- Nuts – March 27
The Word Nerd meme will be starting next week on Thursday (*note we posted the A to Z meme on Friday we are switching the meme day to Thursday–First one is Jan. 23!)
Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us. It’s a come as you can thing–no commitment, just jump in and post on the week’s letter as you can.
I’ll be posting a blog hop linky so each of you can have the linky gadget on your sites. It’s more user-friendly that way. =) If you’d like a list of the words and the linky codes, leave a comment asking for them (and your email addy) and I’ll get them to you so you can schedule ahead or simply have them handy.
Here’s the deal for Word Nerd:
- Anyone can play. Some of us will be continuing from A to Z, but any one can join us and we would LOVE to have you along! The more the merrier! Grab a friend and join us!!
- Anything goes. If you’re pressed for time, pressed for brain cells (a common ailment of mine), stumped, whatever… a simple list will work! Or a picture or a verse—anything to get a post up. Seriously. Just make sure it ties in with the week’s word. It can also be as focused or even a complicated post about a word that starts with that letter. Anything goes, related to the word.
- One word a week. Only ten words and we’ll finish on March 27th.
- Thursday’s the day. Posting day is Thursday. Or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. ROFL. If you’re like me, you might not remember on Thursday, so any day works. I don’t care, but that brings me to…
- Let’s link together! Part of the fun of a meme is linking together so we can encourage each other on. The linky will go live each Thursday, shortly after midnight so you can link up.
- Guilt-free participation! Time is a precious commodity for all of us. If you participate, all I ask is that you take a few moments and visit and comment on TWO other participants’ sites. No need to visit everyone, but a couple is very appreciated.
- Please remember this is about helping each other so if you love the post tweet it, G+ or facebook it.
Want to know more about memes and why you’d want to participate? Check out Patty Wysong’s page Making the Most of Memes for more information.
Here’s another confession…
This meme is going to push me to write on time—what a deadline? Yes, if I make it one. It’s not going to be easy and I’m sure I’ll be searching through photos on my camera as a quick post. But that’s okay. I’m ready for rut relief and creativity building!
We would LOVE to have you join us!!
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments or email me.
2 thoughts on “Word Nerd Fun!”
Looking forward to this, Diana!!
Me too Patty! Kind of concerned about that first word….