a2z: “Z” is for Zip
We’ve come to the end of the a2z meme and my choice is Zip. I’ve found there are times in life when I should have zipped my lips and others I wish I hadn’t done so.
So the question is when “to Zip or Not Zip” your lips?
Keeping this verse in mind I’ve made up a list of Zip or Not Zip list.
“A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart”. (NLT) ( Luke 6:45 )
- Don’t mention you can see the dust on a friend’s TV screen.
- Don’t ask your friend if they’ve gained weight.
- Don’t tell a volunteer they should have done better.
- Don’t ask your husband, “Why can’t you love Downton Abbey as much as I do?”
- Don’t tell your neighbor not to hang multiple dead deer in their front yard. *this is a hard one for me.
- Do offer advice when asked—after searching your heart.
- Do give compliments when you find something you admire. *my neighbor has the most amazing row of lilac bushes that I enjoy every spring.
- Do not be afraid to offer praises to God when told of something good.
- Do tell your family and friends you love them—often!
- Do unzip those lips when a friend or family member has put themselves in danger.
I’d like to think evil doesn’t lurk in my heart but it does. It comes to life when someone almost rams their car into mine, or when I feel something unjust is happening to me or my family. It’s hard to beat it back. It takes me at least 10 minutes to realize my lips have come unzipped when they should have stayed zipped tight.
CLICK TO TWEET!
Tweet: Don’t ask your husband, “Why can’t you love Downton Abbey as much as I do?” @dianabrandmeyer http://ctt.ec/2W9em+
What about you? Can you add to my list of to zip or not zip?
This is a blog hop!
5 thoughts on “To Zip or Not to Zip”
In my job, I tend to be too open/honest and have discovered that it gets me in trouble! It’s a don’t ask/don’t tell world for me.
Barbara, that would be hard for me. I have that open/honest thing too.
Oh! And I’m looking forward to next week’s Word Nerd fun!! WOOT!! 🙂
I love your lists, Diana!!
Zip it when criticism is laced with a mean spirited feeling within you.
Don’t zip it when you feel God nudging you to say something–even if it’s outside of your comfort zone.
Good advice, Patty!
Yes, I’m looking forward to WORD NERD too!